Sunday, November 6, 2016

An excerpt

I have been working, ever so slowly, on my NaNoWriMo novel. I thought I would share a little bit that you can't see anywhere else. So here you go:

"Humans are not unique in that they breed men who wish to rule above others and use cruelty to do so. Nor are they unique in that they breed those who wish to rule without cruelty. They are not even unique in that there are those who wish to not be ruled at all. They instead are unique in that they breed all three at once and that all three will fight to defend their right to do as they wish. To the last man they believe they are right, that "other" is wrong and that death is worthy if fought in this cause.

This book is going to be an "outsiders" view on humanity. As we become closer and closer to actual manned space exploration and possible colonizing of planets, I thought it would be interesting to conjecture what other beings would think about us and what we might bring to the table.

It is basically one large thought experiment. If I weren't human, how would I see humanity? I know it's been done from a lot of different angles, but this is different (I hope). If you have ever seen those "meet the breed" books out there that is what this is supposed to be like. A series of facts/conjecture/some mistakes about man and how well they may play with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment