Wednesday, November 4, 2015

So yeah Not Worried Now.

NaNo has messed with me so bad I am writing this the night before it is posted! So much for my one week of lead time Huh?

All this month if you see a post it will be the crazed babbling of a woman who is trying to move cross country, write a 50,000 word novel and make sure all of our holiday special orders get done for Shadoe Stones.

I wrote yesterday about my Day One panic.  I had written two out of 9 characters.  I had hit my word goal for the day, but I had COMPLETED 2 OUT OF 9 CHARACTERS. Panic set in. One day and two characters was bad.

The good news? I have completed 3 characters now on Day Three. I am well into the fourth.

The other news? My last two characters have been completely different from how I originally thought of them. The spiritual oracle turned disillusioned and suicidal and the waif selling patent nostrums became a gang leader basically.

Every Friday in NaNo I will try and post where I am in the story, but only if you all realize that I am not going to be editing until December.

I have to tell  you a secret though.  Since I only have like 10 views on my posts per day I am fairly certain it will be safe.

I have never in my life enjoyed the hard stuff as much as I am right now. My life is like the farthest thing from easy. I have my friends, my family and my art. Oh and the cat. With all of you supporting me I am creating again. I am wildly in love with creating. I want to do it everyday, now and forever. Try it. Seriously try it. Whether you are a secret writer, artist, film maker...whatever. Do it. Do it everyday. Lose sleep, drink too much coffee and create. Create a meal, create a happy moment for your children, create a good day for the person behind you in line by paying for their coffee. Just create. It's good for the soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment