Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Crafting Tuesday

As I said in my post yesterday, Tuesdays will be for crafting.  I have a quilt I have been hand sewing for years and this blog is the excuse I am going to use for finishing it. Heh.

I used to do quite a few craft type things and I need to get them back into my life.  I need to get a lot of things back in my life.  You see, I have been pretty much living the last two years out of my bed.  No one can really tell me what is wrong.  They have found a lot of things "not normal" with me physically, but none of those are causing the problems I have.  Everyday, at some point in the day, I get a migraine.  I am prescribed medication that sometimes makes them leave, and sometimes doesn't.  When they get bad enough I end up in the ER for pain killers to knock it out.  The constant pain has deteriorated my body and my soul in a lot of ways.  I am in a fight to get both of those back right now.  I, finally, am angry at my body and I am going to make it listen to me.  I am not going to hurt myself; but I am going to start living again-as much as I can.

Part of that is finding things I can do while I am in bed and possibly half blinded (hand sewing a quilt does not work with that last part-voice of experience here-fingers and pin cushions are different things). So macrame, crafting with words, and various and a sundry other new crafts will be explored.  You will get to see the results here first.  Today we are starting off with something that was brought into my life via Crimson-our gemstone trees.  We have made this into a great business that is expanding through the amazing jewelry and art made by Sar.  The one, the only:


Shadoe
So today we are going to talk about Shadoe Stones.  Crimson makes the "happy trees" created to move and resemble the real thing, I have started making mini-trees and small bonsai and Sar makes the most amazing medium/large bonsai and winged ladies. Our CFO (Chief Feline Officer), is the one and only Shadoe for whom the business is named.  ALL of our trees help to plant the real thing via our corporate partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation.  One to ten dollars of every tree sold is donated to assist them with their very important work.

We work with semi-precious stones and base metals.  We use all natural products as possible.  As a family we consider this our art.  It is our belief that every piece we make is for someone in particular; and that person will find their piece when it is time.  To facilitate that we are going to as many shows as we can afford to promote the business, which started as a beautiful gift from Crimson to cheer me up and has developed into this amazing thing!

We do custom work so please feel free to check out the Facebook page above and check it out.  We are working hard and planning for a bigger, better, beautiful web presence within the next year.


A Green Brecciated Jasper  Bonsai on Tibetan Quartz (by Dawn)

Momma and Baby Tree Amethyst on Geode (by Crimson)

Pele on Amethyst Cathedral (by Sar)

I also cook.  I bake.  I do both of these things very, very well. They are by no means a hobby to me; although I am not professionally trained, but they are a craft.  I will be sharing my creations and recipes with you.  My family will especially appreciate that part as they will get to eat the experiments! 

I look forward to tomorrow and dropping some poetry and edge on you!  Maybe next week we will make my trail mix cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment