Monday, September 14, 2015

Welcome to A Creative Mind


The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves. -Carl Jung


                                                                           -Ripple Affect, Dawn M. Cowan

Hello there!  I can't say I am surprised to see you as, well, I am not seeing you.  We shall break the fourth wall today and explain what this blog is going to be about.  I am letting my creativity come out and play. So I need somewhere to showcase that.  It is the 21st century and I am going to catch up eventually.  My lovely wife, Crimson, has her blog here (Crimson's Blog) and she is going to be much more organized and talented then my mess! I will be sharing what I do creatively with you each day.

You are going to see paintings, quilts, stories, poems, gemstone items, gaming ideas, photos and so much more (I am even thinking of picking up macrame again).  Why am I doing this?  Part of it is just for fun, I love doing those things and now I will share them with you.  But most of it has to do with the fact that I am chronically ill.  I suffer from Chronic Complicated Migraines.  This means that I have migraines 3 or more times per week with symptoms ranging from the normal terrible "headache" to seizures and paralysis.  I need some happy and some purpose back in my life.

So as I do everything I am diving into the deep end head first! Monday, Wednesday and Friday I will be covering the 3 Ps:  Painting, Photography and Poetry.  I will share some of my art with you and discuss what it means to me, how it came to be or I might just drop it and see what you think. Tuesday is going to be for crafting (quilting, macrame, and stone work).  This is the day that it is most likely you might not see a blog (see Crimson's blog above for excellent Tuesday content!).  Thursday is for writing.  I might share a piece and ask for input or discuss research.  I might talk about creating my new game system or the inherent frustration that comes with it.  This could even wander into book reviews on occasion.  Saturday and Sunday I am taking off, not like a rocket ship, more like a banker. Starting a blog with the goal of becoming a daily blogger right off the bat is crazy?  Yes, you are beginning to understand!

Come along for the ride, it should be a wild one.

1 comment: