Friday, September 18, 2015

OMG There was a sale!

I enjoy many crafts.  This post however, we are going to be talking about my Painting (remember MWF 3Ps).  Why? Because OMG THERE WAS A SALE!  We were out shopping, getting sand for bonsai trees and food for humans.  Crimson wanted to go to Sally's, Sally's is next to Michael's.  I wanted to price canvases because blogging has put a project in my head.  Crimson dropped me off and what to my wondering eyes should appear?  But a 3 for 1 sale that made my brain turn completely off and I went giddy.  I stopped thinking until we were back in the car.  You will be the beneficiaries of this as you get to see the six paintings I will make. I have three large and three small canvases and a new palette knife.  I also have two to finish.  Did I mention I am a little giddy about this?

I am currently working on and can now finish an elementals series.   Below you see "Water," when I have finished all of them I will show you the set.  The three larger pieces are going to be more mixed media then any thing else I have ever attempted.  I am quite excited to see what happens.  Here is "Water" on the wall.  You can see the bottom of "fire" and the top of "Earth."  "Earth" and "Air" are the two that need some work.
Like my other creative endeavors, I have not been working on my painting.  To the point that Sar didn't even know I painted...Whoops.  Crimson says I should sell my work after I get so many.  I say...eeek!

In photography I am looking to get something from a new perspective or to take the beautiful landscape in such a way that it has never been seen before.  Painting, though, is more like my poetry it is the process of putting my emotions on paper (or canvas).  Photography is bringing the external to the internal.  Painting and poetry are bringing the internal out to play in the external. What some see as paint smeared across canvas, I see as waves, raindrops, puddles and bath tubs.  Water isn't passive resistance it is passive insistence.  The things that do not give way to water are slowly worn down until, once again, water is getting what it wants and needs:  a place to go and gather together.  Water is joy in being while it is also strength in not giving up.

Hopefully I will have the rest of the series done next week and you can see the whole series!  Love what I am doing and want to see more?  I am now on Patreon!    Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment