Friday, September 25, 2015

Photography-The Golden Years

When you are doing something you love, you are playing every day.



I love this series of photos because both man and dog are having the time of their lives and the dog is doing what it was bred to do. 


I call this series the golden years.  I don't think it really needs an explanation.  Fun is it's own reward! 

You are going to see a lot of water photography from me.  I am fascinated by water.  I tend to take photos of nature, but most often I am drawn to water, it is essential and everything but passive even when it is still.  

I was at this beach to get some wave shots.  The man and dog were there the entire time.  The buoy would go in, the dog would retrieve it and it would go back in.  There was simplicity in the routine but it was spiced up by the dog's barking.  If the buoy wasn't in it's mouth the dog was sharing it's joy with the world.  Sometimes even with the buoy in the mouth there was muffled sound.  It was adorable.  In the last two shots you see that he dropped the buoy to say how much fun he was having...he then turned around and brought it back to be thrown again.

Bring joy to your work and you will give joy with your work.  Boredom, anger, sadness, madness they all show in art.  Every once in a while simple joy is refreshing.

Love what I am doing and want to see more?  I am now on Patreon. Personal appearance this weekend in the Shadoe Stones booth, at the Indy Pagan Pride Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment