Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A Bucket of Fun!

Last week on Crafting Tuesday you barely got anything, because I had a tough week and didn't have much time for crafting. This week you are going to get some links! Why so many links? My amazing friends shared the with me when I was having trouble deciding what to do with all of these pine cones! So let's get started!

Martha Stewart

Craftaholics Anonymous

A Fanciful Twist

Why didn't I do any of these amazing things? Because they all, everyone, require more than just some pine cones and some ingenuity. Did I try?  Yes.  Did it work? Nope. Why no pictures?  Because I am too lazy to go into another room to get my tablet and photograph crafting disasters. I have some nice painted cones that I will probably mix with the lilac scented wax ones from last week into a bowl for decor in a bathroom this winter. Other than that Operation Bucket of Pine Cone was a total meltdown.

However, I did do a thing! Last weekend I purchased a hand drum. Similar to a tambourine but no cymbals. This one boasted a natural skin that I was dying to paint.  A field of grass and a field of stars with borders painted in red and yellow for fire and air. The paint improved the tone of the drum and now I have to decide if I want to play it or sell it.



Over the next couple of weeks I will be highlighting some amazing folks who do crafts.  One or two of them are much more than crafters, but would never see themselves that way. Love what I am doing and want to see more?  I am now on Patreon.

No comments:

Post a Comment