Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Painting

I have been inundating you with my poetry, earlier this week was even kind of dark and sad.  Today we are going to talk painting.  When I paint I am not going for a specific look.  That just occurs.  I know how to start, I know when to finish; but in between I am freaking out because I have no idea what I am doing.

Sound familiar? It is not a new or unique problem.  If it was I doubt we would have any artists of any medium.

“A painting requires a little mystery, some vagueness, and some fantasy. When you always make your meaning perfectly plain you end up boring people” 
― Edgar Degas

Dragon

Malestrom
Small and large, minimalist and so not.  These two paintings only look like they are from the same artist because I signed them. Yet they make the same statement in their way.  I let the art stand for itself most often and try not to impose my view upon the viewer.  To me these are both about beginnings.  Sometimes simple, sometimes messy; starting over is the only way to move on.  We all start over every day.



Love what I am doing and want to see more?  I am now on Patreon.

No comments:

Post a Comment