Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Where I realize that Crafting Tuesday is going to be HARD!

So yeah...crafting hmmm.

In all seriousness, last week's post did result in me picking up the quilt and getting started again.  I also remembered a very good reason that I haven't crafted much lately-I have different priorities for my money right now.  Housing, food, you know; the little things. I have everything I need to finish the top layer of my crazy quilt, but I am going to need some fabric and batting to finish it up. One step at a time!

I do however want to give you some excellent resources for crafting here as well as getting myself up and doing.  Crimson is a knitter and she has some webpages and knitting tutorials that she uses that deserve to be shared.  She started knitting just over a year ago and is already doing large projects and lace. This is all self taught with the internet as her guide.  It can be done!  Once it is done you should probably share it!

Ravelry-Facebook for the crochet and knitting community.  There is more to it than that though.  You can find free patterns, keep track of future projects and even post photos of completed projects!

Drops-Think natural fiber yarns are too expensive?  Think again.  They have regular sales and have really soft, pet-able yarns as well as wool and cotton.  They are a British company so remember to think in dollars not pounds!

Very Pink-Knitting tutorials and more.

Also make sure to search YouTube!  Crimson has done some amazing work and she is just getting started!

Sar wearing one of Crimson's first projects-Navy Watchcap in Black

The beginning of her first commissioned piece. I already have 1 of these, it is dubbed the "Warm Circle."

Between knitting and sewing Crimson is hoping to save us some money by making natural fiber or mostly natural fiber clothing for us. Not just clothing, though; as there are patterns for "poofs" and even chairs on Ravelry. This is something I am planning on helping with!

Once upon a time I was in a group called 4H.  I loved 4H on a lot of levels, but being a kid, I had to complain about it. Being me I also had to postpone projects until the very last minute.  One of the projects that we did as a family was macrame.  Each of us had a macrame project or two every year.  We used jute cord most of the time (except for one sister who was allergic to the jute, she used cotton cording).  Trying to find the Jute cord again has been a trial.  I remember it coming in a wide variety of colors (about 5 or 6) and in a much thicker cord than what I can find.  If you have any referrals send them my way!

Next week:  What exactly are you going to do with that 5 gallon bucket full of pine cones?  Love what I am doing and want to see more?  I am now on Patreon.

No comments:

Post a Comment