Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Life ain't easy

It isn't meant to be.

A quote:  The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. From the desperate city you go into the desperate country, and have to console yourself with the bravery of minks and muskrats. A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind. There is no play in them, for this comes after work. But it is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things. ~Henry David Thoreau

Today I wrote this:


Living easy isn’t living
Going with the flow
From one day to the next
Means being just like everyone else
Life is hard
It is supposed to be
Easy Lessons are learned easily
The hard ones are supposed to hurt
So you can point at the scar
And say it was worth it.

Live life HARD and live life.

I am going to share a secret with you...for me it's last week. (cue shocked face and dramatic music)....bom bom bom bom....

I write these pieces at least one week in advance so that if it's a hard day or a hospital day I don't have to worry because you will be reading a blog!  My job in all seriousness has become this blog and creating things for it.

Some hard truths for me  have happened in the last 5 years.  Some of the best things in my life have happened in the last 5 years.

I have had cancer.  I survived cancer.

I met one amazing freaking woman.  I have been seriously ill for the almost three years since we met. ( I met the freaking amazing man in my life just over 5 years ago...so he is doomed to not make it here by a technicality).

I have had a migraine every day for the last 9 months, prior to that and now I have been dealing with unexplained body aches and pains that put me in the hospital twice last year.  I am slowly learning to take care of myself and rediscovering my arts.

The friends we moved closer to slowly drifted away, my husband was unable to visit the children we moved closer to because of our financial situation, and we have been dead broke almost from day one of our move.  We moved out of Michigan.

We are going to be doing the most difficult thing, due to our finances, that I can think of (including those things above).  I get to do something I have wanted to do pretty much since I can remember.

So what is that last thing?  I finally get to live in the Southwest!  Sar got a transfer with the VA and we are moving to Tucson! Whoot, Whoot!  Sadly, we aren't doing this for kicks and giggles; but for my health.  The weather is much better for me there and Crimson can get her DMA there as well.  It's win/win/win.

The only lesson you learn from an easy life is...yeah nope.

Everyone has a story, thus everyone lives a hard life.  Your definition of hard only applies to you.  My life has sucked for my health and finances.  My life has been utterly amazing in the way of my closest relationships and artistry.  The glass is only half of anything if you don't freaking drink it.  Drink up! Make the most of what you are given and give the most you can!

I gave you a poem and a quote!  That is a MWF "P" with some sage advice.  Love what I am doing and want to see more?  I am now on Patreon.

No comments:

Post a Comment