Thursday, October 29, 2015

It's a Writer's Life for Me!

When you read a writer's short biography on the back of a book have you ever noticed that there are rarely "boring" lives described there?  Writers write, but we also live.  Without living there really isn't anything to write about.

My biography would be something like:

Born in 1969, Dawn came home on Christmas Eve.  Thankfully her mother stopped her sister from throwing her away and thus she lived. At the age of two Death tried harder, but from burns to scarlatina to chicken pox to stinky sinus steak she won with the aid of her family. This was also the time where her family picked up the habit, or maybe hobby?, of breeding and showing dogs.  Dawn raised Dachshunds and ducked bullies until she went to college and sucked at studying.  As an adult Dawn has traveled the Midwest, okay she moved from Kansas to Missouri, to Michigan, to Illinois; but it counts! She has created her own family while adoring the one she was born into as well. When cancer knocked on the door she kicked it out and turned the baby room into a rec room. She has recently been dealing with chronic illness, but in living a life long dream and moving to the Southwest she will be moving beyond that. Dawn owns and creates stone art with her family via Shadoe Stones and also paints, creates artistic photography and writes poetry because sleep is for wimps; happy, healthy, well rested wimps, but wimps nonetheless.

What would your bio look like?  I know there are things I want to add to mine.  I am planning on getting my massage license in Arizona and going to UofA to get a degree there.  The degree I am looking at requires travel over seas and Switzerland is a trip I would love to take. I want to travel all over the country and the world. I want to be published not just in my writing but in my photography as well. I want to sell art and spend time with my family. I want to be happy. Live your bio every day; make your life what you want to see on the back of a book some day!

Patreon helps content creators create!

No comments:

Post a Comment