Friday, October 2, 2015

Three Weeks in and some Random Photos

So, we are three weeks in and I think you are seeing the trend.  I am trying to have a conversation with you, the reader. I am keeping my posts short and posting daily to keep the conversation going.  Please feel free to do more than just read!  I look forward to answering questions and even dealing with topics suggested by readers.  If you don't like what I am doing then unless you are related to me, by blood or marriage, why are you still reading?

Now onto our 3Ps....today we will post some lovely photos and discuss! Yay photos!

Wood Dragon


The Big Top

Camouflage

Canyon Wall
I love taking photos from an unusual perspective.  Wood Dragon is not from that unusual a perspective, but from the angle I took it I emphasized the log's resemblance to the dragon with it's mouth open.  This "trick angle" is a common photographic trick and is why you see us wandering around in circles for hours before we take a photo.  Okay maybe not hours, but you see what I mean.

The "Big Top" is not actually a tent, but a wooden picnic area that had the most amazing angles and arches.  This was taken in natural light with a zoom lens helping the shadows do those amazing things they do.

Camouflage is the reason I want a macro/micro lens when and if I ever get a camera again. The ability to see this gran daddy long legs up close and personal without walking out into the lagoon, is well worth the lens!  Okay, I admit it, I have lens envy.

Finally "Canyon Wall"  is no more and no less than it's title.  The colors, angles, and crop all come together to make you ask which way is up.  Taken in New Mexico this photo shows the stark beauty of the desert and the persistence of time and water.

Photography is a joy for me and one I have missed for the last two years since I had to sell my camera.  I am hoping to get back to it soon.  There is water calling me!

Love what I am doing and want to see more?  I am now on Patreon.

No comments:

Post a Comment